Baofeng uv-5r manual.Baofeng UV-5R Instruction Manual

Looking for:

Baofeng uv-5r manual 













































   

 

Download - Baofeng.Baofeng UV-5R User Manual



 

To do so, first ensure that you are in Channel Mode. Page 6 First, you must first be in Frequency Mode. For example, You can listen to these frequencies on your UV-5R. To switch back and forth between the two, you must first switch to Channel Mode.

In this case, you can lock the keypad. You can set it to: 1. You can change it to a color that you prefer. Print page 1 Print document 13 pages. Rename the bookmark. Delete bookmark? Cancel Delete. Delete from my manuals? Sign In OR. Think of these input frequencies as something akin to a hidden door. Once you find what the input frequency is, and if you determine you can legally use the duplex repeater in your area, here is how you program your UV-5R to use it:.

If everything worked correctly, you should then be able to utilize the duplex repeater to broadcast your message even further than you would have been capable of otherwise.

Your UV-5R has hands-free abilities. It allows you to simply talk and have the radio broadcast your message for you. And all without your ever having to press the push-to-talk button. It is completely hands free. If you want to read more about what your Baofeng radio can do for you, consider the following book on this subject:. Ham radio is truly a treasure trove of information.

Once you start to scratch the surface, you quickly realize just how deep this stuff runs. Are there other aspects of the UV-5R that you think we should have covered? Do you have past experience with a UV-5R? Let us know in the comments below! I am in it. And this radio is the worse piece of chit I have ever seen.

I have gone from one to the next trying to set this up. And so far all I have is Noah weather. Do these really work or should I throw them in the da! S how hard is it to adopt that maxim? When you do a for dummies article imagine you have an audience of 5 year olds,you wont go far wrong then. Please tell us what the antenna fitting requires and what is necessary to attach to a regular full size coax plug.

That means he needs an SMA female for his cabling piece. Does anyone know what it means larger print? However, I did not see a suggestion for a better program for programming all the radio memory channels.

I presently use CHIRP for multiple radios, but if you know of software that is easier to use, please share that. Great instructions. I was completely at sea with the book of instructions i got with the machine. I have one question. How do I delete the frequencies I no longer use?? Great big thank you and sincere appreciation for your time and patience taken in authoring this informational instruction for us! Very helpful!

I now do it as a matter of course to make sure I have a clean canvas to save on. You hafta delete, the enter, then save. Then it seems to work pyroperly!! These little radios are excellent. They are great for what they are. They are cheap, but very reliable. In other words — they get the job done. I use mine on a daily basis, the more you use the UV5R the more proficient you will be with it. All in all, these cheap little radios are great once you get used to their quirkiness.

I have been a ham for 28 years. I have never even heard of anyone making a 2 meter FM at 5 watts over 10 miles away let alone miles at ground level.

I have done quite some great distance from 13 story buildings with 5 watts, and 70 ft towers with yagi antennas and 50 watts, Or being atop a mountain. I would be very interested in seeing how this is done without a band opening. Especially with a Nagoya antenna. I have 3. I feel that saying more than 8 miles is misleading for any analog 5 watt handheld at ground level. You CAN get more with better antennas. Otherwise your manual seems good. If you want to go miles nothing beats SSB on hf.

Greetings friends. I believe they are rated 0. I have had no issues with them except that usually their range of send-receive signal between the pair goes down at around meters in the foresty mountain. I know that it says 8KM on the box but for me meters had always been enough. I immediately learned how to use it. I programmed it to use the same frequency as my Motorolla T82 walkie-talkie and they were both able to send-receive signal between each other. I was pretty happy during the home test.

But once I went outside and put a distance of about m between themselves the Baofeng stopped receiving the Motorolla signal. I was shocked since the distance was not that great and I thought the Baofeng 4WATTS would be much better than a normal walkie-talkie of 0.

Actually the two Motorolla walkie-talkies were able to communicate with no problem, only the Baofeng stopped receiving. I was glad to read an explanation for the terrible reception. This manual talks about a high quality Nagoya antenna that would fix the problem. I immediately purchased an original NAgoya antenna hoping to get an amazing reception and fix the problem. Unfortunately to my surprize that Nagoya antenna did not fix the issue.

I still have the same problem. After some testing the receiving of signal from my Motorola T82 was almost exactly the same even with the new expensive antenna. It is important to note that the Motorola T82 pair did not have any trouble sending and receiving a signal. This manual says that the antenna is one of the best choices. However after meters the reception from my MotorollT After programming my radio, I stuck it in my bugout bag and sorta forgot about it.

Yup, thanks for the effort in producing the manual. In the interest of people not being mislead, there are a few things to know.

But keep your expectations realistic. It has nothing to do with transmit and receive frequencies. Put in rx freq and then tx freq. Or even easier, just put in rx freq and then an offset. It fills in the tx freq for you. Offsets are somewhat standardized. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future.

Search icon An illustration of a magnifying glass. User icon An illustration of a person's head and chest. Sign up Log in. Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book.

Books Video icon An illustration of two cells of a film strip. Video Audio icon An illustration of an audio speaker.

 

Item Preview.Baofeng uv-5r manual



 

Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. Search icon An illustration of a magnifying glass. User icon An illustration of a person's head and chest. Sign up Log in. Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book.

Books Video icon An illustration of two cells of a film strip. Video Audio icon An illustration of an audio speaker. Audio Software icon An illustration of a 3. Software Images icon An illustration of two photographs. Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses. Quick Links Download this manual. So, you finally did it. Baofeng UV-5R radio. Such has been a path traveled by thousands of other hams throughout the.

Though the UV-5R is. It's often said that the UV-5R has the worst manual out of any radio within the ham. Figuring out how your new radio works can be. The included. Thankfully, learning the UV-5R is possible. Let's take a look at what it takes to get your UV-5R. Consider this the basic manual that should have come in the box.

If you've done any bit of research into getting your UV-5R up and running at all, you've. It is widely used as an "easy" programming. I'm not going to even touch on it in this. It's absolutely terrible. YouTube videos to try to figure out what in the heck was going on.

I'm serious, it's absolutely. Older models of the UV-5R used to. For whatever reason, newer. Previous Page. Next Page. Page 3 UV-5R, you just need to make sure that it is compatible with a Kenwood 2-pin connector.

   


Comments